Whether you are a lover of casinos or you simply like to know everything about everything, this article has got you covered. From the first casino ever to the first games ever played, we will cover every fact you should know about casinos.
Where It All Started
Let us go back way in the past specifically back to when the first casino was founded.
It was in the 17th century that The first casino or gambling house was established in Italy. It was a time when games such as blackjack and roulette didn’t exist. The gambling environment was controlled by the Ridotto in Venice. As time passed, gambling spread to neighboring countries. As the game was enjoyable as well as cash-generating, it began to gain popularity. By the 19th century, gambling spread across Europe.
One fact that you certainly already know is that casinos have changed so much since they first came into existence. The invention of online casinos has the way people gamble and the industry altogether.
There is no comparison between the old casino and the one you see today. And thanks to the internet, games and slots for which you would have to travel to a land-based casino to play are now only one click away.
And it is not just games that are available, you have various guides and articles that can teach you a whole lot about casinos and casino games, for example, you can Learn more about free spins, find guides on which are the best casinos, learn how to excel at a certain casino game, etc.
We could go on and on about how casinos have evolved but let us take a look at what you are really here to find out, and that is the 10 facts about casinos you should know.
The Top Casino Facts
Since casinos have been around for a long time and they offer games that each have an interesting history, it wasn’t easy picking just 10 of the most interesting casino facts, but we hope you will enjoy our top picks.
- In the slot machine’s history, the biggest prize ever won was $39.7 million. This is the largest prize ever won.
- It is common for sportsmen and women to choose casinos as their source of income after retiring from any sport.
- 1887 marked the debut of the first slot machine.
- Among all gambling card games, poker is the most popular. There was once a game of poker that lasted 8 years and you guessed it it is the longest poker game played ever.
- There is a person known for having the record for the most lost games in roulette, and that person is Robert Maxwell. In one case, he lost £1.5 million in three minutes by playing three tables at once.
- An area of 600,000 square feet is occupied by the largest casino in the United States. According to reports, it is the world’s largest casino.
- There was once a man who sold everything to make a single bet. A total of £135,300 was raised and he chose number 7. There was great suspense until one of the balls fell on number 7 and he won £270,600.
- The biggest jackpot won on the online slot is 17.8 million euros.
- Italy is the country where the casino was born.
- The game of roulette was introduced in the 18th century.
Casinos have always attracted people either for gambling or simple curiosity. What started in the 17th century in Italy has now turned into one of the biggest industries worldwide. The success and popularity of casinos can be attributed to the fact that they manage to keep up with the times, they haven’t remained stuck in the past and as a result people still turn to casinos or online casinos for entertainment.